University Students

If you are already registered with this Practice and you enrole as a new student at a university you will be asked to re-register with a GP near your university. 

There are a number of reasons for this, the main one being that your care is better managed by a local doctor in the area in which you are residing and studying. Fordingbridge Surgery would be unable to provide routine care or home visits should the need arise. Also, difficulties can occur if you receive secondary care in hospital as any subsequent nursing or out-reach teams involved in your care are generally based around the GP practice, so if you have moved away from that area it can cause problems with county boundaries and the provision of care. 

Consequently, it is our policy to request re-registration when patients move outside the catchment area of Fordingbridge Surgery. Please see this page for details.

We will of course provide care during the holidays on a temporary residency basis for a period of up to 3 months. If you need to be seen during your holidays please ask reception for a temporary resident form.

To search for a GP practice near your university please visit this website