Coronavirus - advice from my surgery
We are all excited to hear about the progress of the rolling out of the Covid vaccine and look forward to this improving the quality of life for all of us.
We know that you, like us, are struggling with the confines imposed upon us all due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Everyone is trying to make the best of the situation and, as a practice, we are committed to caring for you in the best possible way whilst keeping both you and our team safe.
To keep you as informed as possible, we will update these messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
- The approval of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine provides a major boost to our plans to offer protection to our patients.
- The new guidance from the JCVI on the period between doses also means that we will be to get the maximum benefit for the most people in the shortest possible time and will help save lives.
- The large increase in Covid cases hospitals are seeing and the emergence of a new variant of the virus also shows that we cannot let our guard down now and even those who have received a vaccine still need to follow social distancing guidance.
- Please do not contact the surgery nor the hospital to seek a vaccine, we will contact you in the order that the NHS has instructed us to
- Please continue to abide by all the social distancing and hand hygiene guidance, which will still save lives.
HOW TO ACCESS HEALTH ADVICE:
Do not telephone the Surgery unless you need to. The Surgery phone lines are facing high demand. Please first try to self-manage your symptoms using:
- the NHS app, which also allows you to access online consultations, your medical record and order your prescriptions
- NHS 111 online https://111.nhs.uk/ or
- child health advice https://what0-18.nhs.uk/
- eConsult online consultation service https://fordingbridgegps.webgp.com/
Our online consultation service provides tailored health advice and if necessary will submit your concerns to a GP who will advise you to book a video or telephone appointment if necessary.
By using online services you will be helping us keep the phone lines free for those patients who really need them.
Please only telephone the surgery if:
- you are unable to use the online services
- self-care measures have been exhausted
- your symptoms are worsening
- you have a significant health concern.
You may have to wait on the phone due to high demand.
Please DO NOT attend the surgery for any reason unless you have been advised to.
HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE SURGERY WITHOUT USING THE PHONE:
NHS app – You can download this from your app store on your smartphone. The identification process occurs completely online and you do not need to come into the Surgery to do this https://www.nhs.uk/apps-library/nhs-app
- consult your GP online
- Access the 111 Coronavirus service
- Check your symptoms via the 111 symptom checker
- request prescriptions
- look at test results
- check your medical record
SystmOnline – if you have already registered for SystmOnline you can use this to:
- book telephone consultations
- request prescriptions
- look at test results.
Our website www.fordingbridgegps.co.uk
You can use our website to request administrative help and complete an online consultation for health advice.
We will keep our website updated with the latest advice and surgery information.